Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Random Hallway Encounter - Jairam Ramesh

In the Main Hall, around 11 a.m., next to the black-and-white globe...

Whoa! I just shook hands with Jairam Ramesh, the Indian Minister of the Environment and Forestry. Woohoo!!!

See, I'm kind of a fan. I wrote a policy paper on India's approach to climate negotiations for the COP class, so I've read a lot of his speeches and pronouncements to the media. And now to see him in person! It's kind of awesome.

He was strolling along the hallway with his assistant. I happened by, and suddenly, it was like "Wait! That's Jairam Ramesh! In real life!" I went up to him and said, "Minister! I just wanted to say, 'Hello!'" and extended my hand. He looked a little bemused that he had a fan.

I didn't say anything else, as I assumed he was on his way somewhere, but I walked away with a huge grin on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment